Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2

oh wretched me. i've lost the zest to blog. it took me such a long time to start this post.


properly now, After 1 year a few months, I've finally finished Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2. It took me such a long time to start Hana Yori Dango 2 because after the manga (a long one), and a few episodes of the Taiwanese version (featuring taiwanese boyband F4) I've felt i've had enought with Hana Yori Dango.

side note: i'm watching Zettai Kareshi currently and Hiro Mizushima is so cute! HEHEHEHE. he's a dead ringer for Jun Matsumoto at certain angles but wayyyyy cuter. When I first saw Hiro on Hana Kimi then Jun on Hana Yori Dango previews, I was so certain it was the same person.. one of the reasons why i started this series.


Season 1

I enjoyed it so much even though some parts were from the manga, they did not follow entirely. Thats what I love about JDramas, they don't just copy directly from the manga yet keeping the storyline. I hate to say that I was more of a Hanazawa Rui (Shun Oguri) camper instead of Domyoji Tsukasa (Jun Matsumoto). Comparing sShun Oguri's role in Hana Kimi and him as Hanazawa Rui, I felt he fits perfectly into both roles despite the characters being different miles apart. Season 1 scenes were much sweeter compared to Season 2. Moving on...

Season 2
I brawled like a baby in the first few episodes. It was too sad, I was screaming inside "JUST GET TOGETHER WILL'YA!" I gave them 3 episodes to be together.. NOOOO i was wrong! Domyoji lost his memory about Makino in episode 9 when there were only 11 episodes in the series. I stopped crying at episode 5 because it did not get any better. However, last episode was really touching when he ran out to save her in the cold. OKAY, enough of spoilers. The ending dance was real cheesy and I'm having doubts with watching the new movie. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE SO MANY!!!!!

No comments: