Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Zettai Kareshi




Zettai Kareshi- Absolute boyfriend or perfect boyfriend. Like many Japanese dramas, this was from a manga. I wasn't exactly a huge fan of it as it was too far-fetched.


Summary from wiki:

Robot maker, Kronos Heaven, finally develops "Night Tenjo", the perfect male humanoid programmed to be devoted and completely loyal to his lover. The company chooses temp worker Izawa Riko to take part in a 5-day free trial. At first, Riko only sees Night as a household appliance. But when she finds out how deep Night's devotion to herself is, Riko finds herself falling in love with him. Joining the love triangle is Asamoto Soshi, a distinguished young executive at her company who has feelings for her.


A robot devoted to love, and is your perfect boyfriend. How creepy!? And Mr Robot, aka, Nighto- was downright annoying! I think I must be cold-hearted towards him (what? he's only a robot) because my sister cried and i did not. Now, she has NEVER shed a drop of tear at any scenes of ANY dramas. It must have been that sad, and I wonder why am I not moved to tears? (fyi, I tear at almost all sad scenes)



Once again, I was attracted to the second male lead. Hiro Mizushima as Asamoto Soshi. Though there wasn't much development in the relationship between Riko and Soshi, and it was bright and clear that it would be Riko + Night (MANGA!), I was still rooting for Soshi till the end.


RATINGS: 7/10.

No comments: