Thursday, August 7, 2008

The OC

The OC has got to be my favourite english tv series of all time, and it was also influential- I started saying "eeew" ALOT(Summer), the way they dress. Yes, I know also a guilty pleasure of mine as its bad influence, high school kids getting into fights, drugs, lesbianism, sex and whatsnot. I loved the bands that were featured, like Death Cab for Cutie!, Subways!, the Killers!. I followed season 1 and 2 religiously but after I heard that Marissa was going to die, I lost interest.


Music! Music from the OC was amazing, I found myself listening and trying to recall which scene did they play this song. Sigh, I miss those times. Mix-tape 6 was my favourite .


General favourite tracks played on the OC:

"Forever Young" (Alphaville cover) – Youth Group
"California 2005" – Phantom Planet
"Hide and Seek" – Imogen Heap "Na Na Na Na Naa" (Credited as "Na Na Na Na Naah") – Kaiser Chiefs
"Goodnight and Go" - Imogen Heap
"Fortress" - Pinback
"To Be Alone with You" - Sufjan Stevens
"Walnut Tree" - Keane
"Move On" - Jet


My favourite couple- Adam Brody/Rachel Bilson or Seth Cohen/Summer Roberts

On-screen and off-screen. I was really sad to find out that they broke up in Dec 2006. Currently, Rachel Bilson's dating Hayden Christensen and I kinda like him too.



Can't possibly ignore their outfits. I'm still obsessed with Seth's shoes, Seth's Penguin polo tees.



Ratings: 8/10 (for season 1 &2). Usually I hate long television series, but the OC is an exception.


p.s Alex the lesbian is HOT HOT HOT!

No comments: