Friday, August 7, 2009

Shining Inheritance

Lately, all the dramas I've been watching are all Japanese because I think I kind of lost hope in the recent korean dramas. But then, i decided to try Shinining Inheritance because of Han Hye Joo and Lee Seung Gi and mainly because of the high ratings they achieved even though the cast wasn't that well-known.

I'm really glad I started this show. The moment I started, I was stuck on wanting to see the development of Han Hye Joo and Lee Seung gi's characters that I stayed up till 5 in the morning!

Here's the sypnosis: (credits wiki)
Go Eun Sung's life is similar to Cinderella's. After her father died, her step-mother, Baek Sung Hee, took away all of her assets and her younger brother, Eun Woo, suddenly disappears without a trace. Despite this, Eun Sung preservers and works really hard to fulfill her dreams. When the CEO of a food company, Jang Sook Ja, suffers amnesia and can't remember who she is Eun Sung takes her in. However, Eun Sung does not know that she is the grandmother of Sun Woo Hwan, the man who she switched bags with at the airport. How will their constant bickering lead them to realize that they care more about each other than they let on?

It may sound really typical and everyone seem to know each other or is connected in some way, but overall it is one of the better dramas (i think i can say it's even better than BOF). Not much surprises and twists, but the romance largely make up for that.
Romance bar: 8/10.

I wasn't expecting much from Lee Seung Gi as he's better known for being a ballad singer with good ballad hits. So I was really pleased to find out that he delivered his role well. As a rich spoilt kid who doesnt have respect for anyone, to someone passionate.

Han Hye Joo, now i'm so jealous of her. WHY DOES SHE GET TO KISS SO MANY CUTE GUYS! Jaejoong, Lee Junki, spring waltz guy, and did she get to kiss Daniel Henney too? Okay, despite all that, you can't really bring yourself to hate her. She's been really hardworking to be appearing in so many dramas, but why isnt't her status increasing?

The really good guy who was always there for her.. Haven't seen him before but he's got really gentle eyes and I'm a little sad because he deserved better.


Ratings: 7.5/10. I was fastforwarding too much from episode 15 onwards. There were too much scheming from the evil people.

No comments: