Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nodame Cantabile + Europe special

Just right after I watched Last friends, I watched Nodame Cantabile. Wrong move though, because I would have appreciated Last friends more since majority of the cast appeared in both dramas.

Nodame Cantabile is an excellent, classic show. I'm surprised I did not catch it sooner. I've always known the title of this show, always seen the soundtrack in almost all major music stores. I didn't know it was THAT GOOD. IT'S A BIG SHOW. Like one of the few good Japanese shows to make it to the theatres (SOON!), the SP episode did not disappoint unlike MOST of the SP of other shows.

The lead actress, Ueno Juri is amazingly cute and hillarious. You just could not believe she is the same person in Last Friend where she acted as a Tomboy about to under sexual change. She is the same person in Rainbow song! She's currently on top of my list of favourite actresses. As Nodame, she's so much like me.... in the mess department. My room would probably end up like hers if I don't have a neat-freak sister, still my territory is very very much like Nodame's. Even though I bathe every single day, I hate washing my hair, -so very Nodame. =).... so where's my Chiaki Senpai?


The storyline is very much like Beethoven virus (korean), but obviously Beethoven virus tried to copy Nodame Cantabile but they failed. I couldn't even finish Beethoven virus. I've always thought orchestra music and conducting is extremely boring, but in Nodame Cantabile, the orchestra gave me goosebumps. It is no wonder that why the OST is in major stores.


Ratings: 9.5/10 Hillarious, romantic, extremely exciting.

No comments: