Sunday, November 29, 2009

You Are Beautiful

The last episode ended in Korea last Thursday. How depressing, now, i feel empty. The reason why I stopped my drama marathons because I want to dedicate my heart and mind to You're Beautiful.

It's the best kdrama I've seen over the years, even exceeding Boys Over Flowers and Shining Inheritance.

Even though its an Idol drama and might sound really cliche, it was a really light-hearted comedy romance series done by the Hong Sisters (my girl, fantasy couple, etc)

Usually I wouldn't complain if there're 16 episodes, my ideal drama is short and sweet, but for this, I cant help but wish it was much longer. However, because IRIS was their competition, the highest ratings that You're beautiful in Korea ever hit was 11%. I'm going to start IRIS after this because of TABI.

Main reason for watching: LEE HONGKI and JANG GEUN SUK
But I grew to love Jung Yonghwa after this show. The lead singer of CN Blue who just debuted in Japan. So, this is his first stint at acting and he really was quite impressive. ^ ^


Sypnosis(from Soompi)
A story about the behind-the-scenes life of an idol group. Jang Geun Suk and Lee Hong Ki are in search of a new member for their idol group. However at the last minute, the member suffers an injury and his twin sister has to step in disguised as him.
Park Shin Hye'll play Go Mi Nam (male) & Go Mi Nyu (female), a pair of twins who ends up switching places when Mi Nam gets into an accident after being selected as 1 of the four members of a idol group. Jang Geun Suk plays Hwang Tae Kyung, a village boy turns idol star who is constantly at odds with Mi Nyu. Lee Hong Gi plays Kang On Yu who is the lead singer of the group. Filming'll start after the final member of the group is found. In the SBS drama 'You are beautiful', Uee is playing the role of "Yoo He Yi", the 'national younger sister' who has the nation's love since she was young and worked hard to become a top star


The cast for this drama was perfect!
Park Shinhye- (Goong S, Stairway to heaven)
Jang Geun Suk- (Baby and I, Hong Gil Dong, Beethoven Virus)
Lee Hongki - ( FT Island's lead singer, also child actor)
UEE- (After School singer)
Jung Yong Hwa- ( CN Blue's lead singer)

UEE: I was really impressed by UEE's acting. Even now, I still can't shake off her evil image, you want to hate her, but then you couldn't really bear to.

Lee HongKi: His acting never disappoint me. I did have high expectations for him and he really shined despite the insignificance of his role. You'll definately fall for his cuteness and can't help to cry with him when he starts crying. I cried when he started singing a happy song in tears, while confessing his love.

Jung Yong Hwa: think Ji-hoo sunbae's (BOF- Kim Hyun Joong) role. the perfect guy whom you can never hate.

Jang Geun Suk: What more can I say about him, without him, there wouldn't be You're beautiful. There's too much about him to be mentioned. A really queer character who is night blinded, a clean freak who would die after eating sesame, shrimp.

Park Shin Hye: I can't say I'm a fan of her, because I'm so jealous of her. HAHAHHA ok, i've definately got to give credit for her acting too.


Ratings: 100/100. if you liked Boys over Flowers, trust me, this is 10 X better.

No comments: