Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Baker King


One of the long epi drama I've watched in a long time.

Usually, I would be really reluctant to start anything with more than 20 episodes. I wonder made me try this show, maybe i was hungry.. but here goes..

Sypnosis (dramawiki)
Kim Tak Goo is the eldest son of Goo In Jong, the president of Samhwa Enterprise, a legend in the baking industry. Although he is an extremely talented baker and seemed destined to succeed his father as president, Goo In Jong's family plotted to rob him of his inheritance because he was born to In Jong's mistress. Tak Goo's determination to become number one in the baking industry drives him to rebuild his career from scratch despite the many trials he faces.

Yoon Shi Yoon
is a pretty young actor to be the main of a pretty big production film. And he was Hongki(FT island)'s good friend. Plus I have to mention that the viewership for this show was the highest ever. Peak=50.8%, Avg=38.6%. Now that is really high in korea.. The only strange thing was the casting of Eugene, who is my favourite Korean actress. Now the two main male leads are young, in their very early twenties and though Eugene is still beautiful, they look weird together. In other shows, she's already acting as a mom.

Back to the story, I was bawling my eyeballs out when Tak Goo finally met his mom after 12 years. it was one of the saddest scene I've seen in a long time. Now, that's the highlight of the whole show. Even towards the ending, the show was still going great, now i understand why the rating was so high, yet it was never really popular compared to idol-dramas.


Ratings: 8.5/10 A little too draggy and does not require 30 episodes, 20 episodes would very much cover the entire story.

No comments: