Sunday, November 30, 2008

I AM SAM




After a loonnnng break, I'm sad to admit that I am Sam was the only drama i watched during this long period of time. The rest of the time were spent on variety programs and alot of random music videos.



I am Sam is one of the rare high school korean drama. Teacher-student plot, based on a manga. First few episodes was pretty promising, however, it went downhill in terms of the plot- too bland and i was fast-forwarding from episode 10 onwards. Japan still make the best high school dramas.


The romance in this series is... sorry i just got to say this.. its disgusting. okay maybe its a too strong word to use, but the female lead is too pretty, while the male lead is, ugly and old. (not to be disrespectful, he's quite an actor i must say) The only thing that might be worth watching would be TOP's appearance in this drama. But his air time was too little and his relationship with Eun Byul (Park Min Young) didn't further develop. ARGHHH! He's the only reason why I watched this series.


TOP-shi =)


Moo Shin and Eun Byul. Male lead in blue- blurred. (I'm evil, sorry. HAHA)


I like Park Min Young before watching I am Sam despite not watching any of her shows before. She's got this sweet, cute girl image which doesn't turn you off yet a slight hint of fiesty attitude that pulls you in. I kinda wished I could have half her look.

Kwon Sang Woo's wife, Son Tae Young plays a crazy, clingy teacher who is in love with the ugly male lead. It doesn't make any sense. I guess I sound so superficial, but I like drama leads to look compatible with each other. This drama spoilt her classy image for me.


Ratings: 5/10. Watch it only if you've got a thing for TOP coolness or is a big bang fan.

No comments: