Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rainbow song



Rainbow Song (虹の女神, Niji no Megami) had long been in my want-to-watch list ever since it was released in 2006. Of course it was because of our dear boy Hayato Ichihara and it was released soon after I became all fan-girly after watching WaterBoys II. Sad to say, I never got to watch it until two weeks ago on crunchyroll, after a long 2 year wait. I remembered googleing 'rainbow song' every now and then, but nope, couldn't find it anywhere.


It wasn't really all that great but I still cried with my sister exclaiming, " WHAT! WHATS THERE TO CRY ABOUT! WHERE? EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT HAPPENED?"

It stirred my interest in filming. Not digital filming, but film filming(old school kind). After all, I'm a film enthusiatic but it had always revolves around my manual cameras (I probably own 20+ manual cameras).
In love with each other but never gotten to confess and be together was sure a bummer. I was screaming, "WHAT! thats it?!?!"
Unlike in Rookies, whereby Hayato was the leader whom everyone fears. In Rainbow song, he was a timid, soft-spoken, weak guy who was always bullied which i must say I love Aniya in Rookies.
There is a lesson to be learnt in this movie, that is to be brave and never hold back your feelings, thinking that he/she would be there forever. It would be too late to regret when he/she's no longer around.
Ratings: 6.5/10 It's hard to be un-biased against Hayato when he's so cute.

No comments: