Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mei-chan no Shitsuji






Here's a drama which I randomly chanced upon on. Well, actually I saw that Hiro Mizushima was the main character. He's married already, can you believe it?!?!


But anyway, remember Zettai Kareshi, the robot story. No robots this time. It's BUTLERS. I don't have to say how cheesy the storyline is built on, but the butlers are good-looking and does whatever the master orders them to, perfect. (almost like robots?)



Mei-chan no Shitsuji sypnosis (from wiki)



The story revolves around a young woman named Mei, who was rescued as a young girl by someone calling himself her "butler." With only a vague memory, though, the experience seems like just a dream. But one day, after her parents' accidental death, he appears: Rihito comes from a line of outstanding butlers, and he has been appointed to serve her! Now her ordinary life has completely flipped, as she discovers that she's actually the heiress to a fortune, and is forced to transfer to St. Lucia Girls' Academy, where all the students have butlers! As a result, her childhood friend Kento decides to enroll in a butler school so that he can stay close to her.



Overall, the cast was pretty new to me. Only for a few exceptions, the leader in Hibari 4 (hana kimi), dorm head 1 (hana kimi). PLUS the guy with dreadlocks in ROOKIES. He was actually quite good, but I was pretty put off by his crooked front tooth and height, not mentioning how tall Osamu and Hiro are (THEY'RE TALL BASED ON JAP'S STANDARD HEIGHT). And if you notice, the banner of the drama is so similar to Hana Kimi. But I'm glad it isn't as overrated as Hana Kimi.



The main female wasn't excellent, but I would definately choose her over Maki.


And, Osamu Mukai, I was screaming when I saw him! He looked too cool! And then, I realised he's the villian. But still hot. Almost overshadowing Hiro.

Hiro was amazing at first, but then I started to realise how stiff is his acting. He was frowning most of the time. Still forgivable for being so dreamy.

Each episode almost always ended with a cliff hanger so I managed to finish it within 2 days. I'm sad over how fast it is over. The sad thing about good Japanese dramas is the number of episodes are too little.

Ratings: 9.5/10 MUST WATCH!

No comments: