Monday, March 29, 2010

God of Study

I totally forgot that I have not finished this show. That is not a good sign, which meant that the show was very forgettable.

God of study is the Korean version of the famous Japanese Dragon Zakura. If you were to make a comparison among the two shows, I would choose DZ without hesitation. I was placing high expectations on the Korean version because of Kim Sooro. Even though I do not majorly favour him, he's still family.


Summary
Kang Suk Ho is an ordinary lawyer who decides to take up a job at the nearby high school. After seeing the conditions of the school and the poor grades all the students have, Suk Ho decides to create a special class promising admission to the most prestigious college in Korea, "Chun-Ha-Dae University." Five of the most laziest students - Hwang Baek Hyun, Gil Pul Ip, Na Hyun Jung, Hong Chan Doo, and Oh Bong Goo join the class to in order to prove that they can do it with hard work and dedication.

Let's do a comparison of the cast, shall we?

Kim Soo Ro vs Abe Hiroshi (The main teacher)

Abe Hiroshi wins. I feel that Sooro should just stick to his comedy movies. There wasn't much character development and he was really stiff and boring in the drama.

Bae Doo Na vs Hasegawa Kyoko (The female teacher)

Bae Doo Na wins. The Japanese one was way too annoying. Even after so many years, I can still remember her whining.


Yoo Seung Ho vs Yamashita Tomohisa (The main kid- delinquent)

Acting and cuteness wise- Seung Ho WINS. Character wise- Yamapi. Ultimately, I'll still choose Seung Ho, even though he wasn't bad-ass enough, I really liked his role and the way he portrayed his character. He showed emotions, he fell in love and he showed his tears.

Lee Hyun Woo vs Koike Teppei (The music kid)

This role initially belonged to Lee Hongki, but because he took up you're beautiful, it was given to this kid. Initially he was unnoticeable, but over time, he was really cute. However, I've got to give it to Teppei.

Go Ah Sung vs Aragaki Yui (The poor female kid whom yamapi/seungho likes)

I can't choose, I liked neither of them. Go Ah Sung doesn't look too pleasing to the eye, while Yui was too pretty for the role.

Ji Yeon vs Saeko (The rich female kid who likes seungho/yamapi)

Ji Yeon from T-ara wins. I pity Saeko, I've watched so many of her shows but I just could not remember who she is. Ji Yeon was really good considering she's still so young.



Ratings: 5/10. Boring and very forgettable.

No comments: