Saturday, March 21, 2009

Antique Bakery




Firstly, I watched this show because of the hot cast. Antique Bakery turned out to be much more deep than I had expected. I was fooled by the lovely pastries and cakes, never expected a dark and murderous side in the movie. Originated from a Japanese Yaoi* manga, the storyline is rich and did not disappoint.
*homosexual


I thought, what good could come out from a model-turn-actor cast. But surprisingly, I was really satisfied with how they filled in their characters. It's labeled as a 'homo' movie. So yea, no main female character. I was waiting to be really disgusted by their homo display, but it all turned out pretty fine. Gross 'gay' level- 1 out of 5.


Moving on to the cast.. I'm sure you would be pretty familar with a few of them.



TOP: The hot japanese dude in Coffee Prince. If you caught that show, you just got to watch him in Antique! Because, he's so gay you can't believe its the same person. And I totally love his fashion sense in the show.


2nd from TOP: Don't really know him, moving on..

3rd from TOP: The main guy. If you've caught the korean drama which EVERYONE watched, you'll know him. Right, he's Shin-goon/Crown Prince of Korea in Goong. With addition to his newly grown moustache and him clutching a cancer-stick. This guy can really act man.

Lastly: The mute bodyguard from Time between Wolf and Dog. He actually spoke in this show.






Ratings: 9.5/10. Be prepared to crack your brain towards the end of the movie. Who is the kidnapper?


Spoilers(Highlight to read)
my take on the kidnapper:The strange man who Jin Hyuk was strangling at the end of the movie seem to be the old man's son who 'died'. When his wife talked about the 'death' of the son, it might have been when he lost his mind.

No comments: